The Association nyt Hesteliv works in many areas to help horses in distress and inform about horse welfare.
Our primary areas of work are:
- Operation of the rescue center where horses, ponies and donkeys are received, who have been exposed to neglect or abuse.
- We work with lifeguards all over the country, helping us find good homes for our horses and keeping an eye on the horses to ensure that they are having a good life. The lifeguards also help us with horse rescue cases and out in the horse markets.
- We receive older horses to the extent that we can offer space so they can get a well-deserved otium.
- We offer recreation for sick horses.
- We receive distressed horses and offer them a stay if we have space.
- We supervise reviews of neglected horses.
- We arrange horsemanship and horse understanding events as well as other relevant course.
- We hold lectures on horse markets and the horses’ terms.
- We offer advice.
- We are working to get horse markets closed in cooperation with journalists and the press as well as politicians.
- We want a ban on long-term transport of live animals for slaughter.
- We collaborate with other animal welfare associations to set up a pet food village.